Monday, May 13, 2013

Little Blog on the Prairie

Sorry, I didn't keep my word of  being back on Thursday. Luckily, I'm back with a new book by the name of...

                                  https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjax-ovE1uY3NxLwgN2n6ZrkGzr_eo3RbmX5jW72j4RQ4oJe7r4TNOJxHxOs_7fE_iFjJBaRcu-EHSMFs49FmROYWeMXadrlD93RU3llO9qMnwV4oDnWebZrZ-cdSAVwe1hKmHhw20wDok/s1600/book-cover-little-blog-on-the-prairie.jpg
Little Blog on the Prairie by Cathleen Davitt Bell
Rating:5 stars 
           This was a GREAT book! It's about a girl named Genevieve Welsh, who's mother decides to take her out of her normal (now phone filled) life, and cart her whole family out to a camp where everyone lives like it's 1890. However, Genevieve sneaks her new phone out to the camp and secretly texts her friends the entire summer and they create a website based on her texts. But when her phone dies, she uncovers a secret that know one is supposed to know about ( except for moms addicted to Diet Coke)
             Like I said, GREAT book. It's sarcastic, funny, and  sounds exactly like a girl who is stuck in a puffy dress with only an annoying brother, a girl as mean as Nellie Olsen, and a cell phone to keep her company.I couldn’t put it down, and finished in a matter of 2 days. I also liked the touch of romance. 
                And now a bit of the book to get you interested. Before I knew it, Betsy had me out of my jean shorts, my Chucks, and the Yosemite T-shirt I'd bought at Urban Outfiters, and into more clothes than I would normally wear in a week. There was a kind of tank top thing she called a bib;a petticoat, which is a kind of skirt you  you wear underneath your other skirt;pantaloons, which are pants you wear instead of underwear-they open in the back so you don't have to pull them down when going to the bathroom; and wool stockings, which are very long socks that button onto straps hanging from the bib. Over everything, you wear a long wool dress that weighs as much as ten algebra textbooks.    
              Hope to write another post again soon. 'Til then, ta-ta!


No comments:

Post a Comment